Our Terms & Conditions
These are the terms & conditions that apply when you reserve a room at The Ship in Dock Inn located in Dartmouth, United Kingdom using a booking channel – Online, telephone, in person, etc.
You are automatically accepting these terms & conditions when making your booking and by arriving on your reserved dates or altered dates wherever applicable.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a reservation with us. The terms and conditions applying to your reservation will be those in place on the date you make your reservation.
Additional terms and conditions may apply when booking through third party channels, these will be published by that supplier.
To make your reservation you must follow all requests and instructions of the website, third party agent, app or staff member.
You must be at least 21 years old to make a reservation. Those under 21 years old are not permitted to stay in The Ship in Dock Inn unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel and even then only with express written confirmation from the business.
You will need to provide valid credit / debit card details to secure your reservation. The Ship in Dock Inn accepts American Express (AMEX), Mastercard and Visa to secure a reservation.
Please ensure you check that all details of your reservation are complete and accurate before you confirm your reservation. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect information.
We will confirm acceptance of your reservation by sending you an email to the provided email address given during your reservation creation. The contract between us for the provision of your room and any additional services added to your reservation will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us.
If you think there is a mistake in your reservation or if you require any changes to a confirmed reservation, please contact us, preferably via telephone to discuss.
The Ship in Dock Inn adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we’ll give you a total price for the room(s) and number of nights you have requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation.
Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation. If the VAT rate changes between the date of your reservation and the date of your stay, we may adjust the rate of VAT but the price you pay will remain the same.
The maximum room occupancy is two adults. You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you. We reserve the right to conduct checks on occupancy and compliance with these terms. Occupancy is not transferable.
Those under the age of 21 years old are not permitted to stay at The Ship in Dock Inn unless a parent or guardian is also staying at the hotel and with written acknowledgement by the business. We reserve the right to request valid photographic proof of identity and age, please bring this with you and ensure all guests under your booking bring identification, otherwise where requested you and your guest(s) will not be permitted to stay.
The Ship in Dock Inn have all rooms located on either the first or second floors accessed only by narrow Victorian staircases. Access via the stairs is not ideal for those with limited physical agility and for those who find staircases restrictive and inaccessible. The rooms are not adapted for customers with disabilities.
The Ship in Dock Inn will always try to accommodate special requests that are made in advance but no promise or guarantee is given. All rooms and requests are subject to availability.
PAYING FOR YOUR ROOM:
All reservations will require payment in full on the day of arrival before room keys are issued wherever the stay is below 2 room nights. Where room reservations exceed two nights it is at the discretion of the business to permit payment on the morning of final departure. This term may change throughout high and low season periods.
Payment may be made in Cash – GBP, American Express (AMEX), Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards. We do not accept personal or business cheques and do not operate a discount card service.
You have 24 hours from the time of reservation to make an amendment or alteration free of charge to your original reservation. Amendments or cancellations after this time period will be liable to the cancellation policy outlined below.
If you cancel a reservation within 30 Days of the arrival date or fail to arrive, “no show” and have not already paid in advance you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to the first night’s total for the room(s) reserved. Such cancellation charge is to compensate the hotel for the late cancellation and is not for any service.
If you decide to shorten your stay with us then you will be charged 50% of the remaining room(s) night fee and cancellations must be notified before 10:00 on the new day of departure or the next nights fee will be taken at 100% and remaining nights at 50% of the room night rate fee.
Bookings that are cancelled from previously adjusted or amended dates will be liable for full payment for the total period of the room(s) reservation.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL:
We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if:
– You breach the contract between us in anyway, or
– You have previously breached the contract with us in anyway, or
– You do not pay us when you are required to do so
If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract. Where your stay had/has not yet commenced, the total payment made or to be made by you for such room shall be deemed a cancellation charge and is not for any service.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
The Ship in Dock Inn has standard arrival times of 16:00 across all days and departure times of 10:30 on all days. It is possible that a delay in check in may be possible during busy periods.
Arrival after 19:00 on the day of arrival is only possible with prior agreement in writing from the business. Arrivals after 19:00 may be charged a late check in fee of £15 OR maybe rejected and cancelled. In this instance any payment already made will be taken as a service charge and no service will be offered. The first full night room(s) rate will also be liable.
Guests may be required to provide proof of identity or nationality upon check in. Guests unable to provide acceptable forms of identification: Passport, driving licence, ID Card or police warrant card may be refused service.
Room(s) must be vacated by no later than 10:30 on the day of departure. Failure to leave and check out before this time may result in a late check out fee charge which is variable but capped at £100.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
In order to ensure guest and premise safety and security you must not:
– Be abusive or threatening to any of the staff or employee of the business before, during or after your stay.
– Engage in any unlawful activity during your stay at the Ship in Dock Inn premises.
– Cause any Health & Safety hazard to any of our staff, guests, premises.
– Smoke anywhere inside the premises of the Ship in Dock Inn. This includes the use of e-cigarettes. Smoking within the building or from its windows will result in a £150 fine. We reserve the right to charge this fee after your check out if upon room cleaning we believe you or a guest in your room(s) to have smoked.
– Bring any pets beyond the public bar area, this includes assistance dogs.
– Tamper with any monitoring or fire alarms or emergency equipment.
– Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto the premises.
– Use electrical appliances that are not supplied by the Ship in Dock Inn within your room(s) or guest areas.
– Prevent access to your room by staff members, maintenance staff as and when required by the Ship in Dock Inn.
– Store or utilise the room(s) to keep items, personal or otherwise which could result in the sole opinion of the Ship in Dock Inn, cause damage to the room(s), or be a risk to the health, safety & security of staff, guests or property.
– Remove, damage or destroy any property of the Ship in Dock Inn.
– Use any of the provided technology or telecommunications to access or download any unlawful or obscene material, or cause unreasonable disturbance to the other guests or staff of the Ship in Dock Inn.
If you or a guest in your room(s) cause damage or loss of any kind to the Ship in Dock Inn. Other guests or their property, you (as the lead booker) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to the Ship in Dock Inn on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
You must not resell or transfer your reservation or any part of it (multiple room nights) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer an room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer.
If you or guests in your room(s) reservation cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, the Ship in Dock Inn reserves the right to;
– Cancel access rights.
– Deny access to the venue.
– Cancel your reservation with immediate effect and where appropriate eject you from the premises.
– Remove your items from the room and dispose of them where not collected within 5 days.
– Refuse future reservations from you and refuse future entry to the premises.
– Retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation – this could be from your supplied card details at the time of reservation.
The ship in Dock Inn will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances
We reserve the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions, whether the reservation is in that name or not.
We reserve the right to;
– Change your room allocation at any point before or during your stay for any reason, OR
– Cancel any booking(s) due to health and safety concerns or full or partial closure of the hotel. In the event we have to cancel your reservation(s) we will attempt to notify you and a full refund of any prior charged sums to the same debit or credit card, this may take a few days for fund to reach your account.
These terms and conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. If you are a consumer you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your reservation(s) and / or stay at the Ship in Dock Inn. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your Country of residence or any other relevant Country. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please email the Ship in Dock Inn: